We are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your information secure. This policy provides transparent information about the personal information that the Dragonfly Group collects, and the ways in which the Dragonfly Group uses that personal information.
In handling your information:
- We will ensure your data is protected and your privacy is kept
- We will only collect and process your data when necessary
- We will not sell, let, or in any way distribute or, make public your personal information
- We will never spam you
the Dragonfly Group processes Personal Data as a Controller, as defined in the Directive and the GDPR.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
the Dragonfly Group may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Personal details and contact information
- Demographic Information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information about your use of this website (including cookies)
- Your website interaction information, such as anonymous IP Address, geological location, device and operating system, internet browser type and version, URLs with regards to how you came to this website, your activity on this website and where you exit to
- Information that you provide for completing a web form or mailing list subscription on the website
- Information about transactions carried out over this website
- “Cookies,” which enables the website to remember your information if you return to the site, such as to keep you logged in or to remember your login credentials if you return to the site
- And any other information that you send to the company
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
the Dragonfly Group may use your personal information:
- To provide or supply the products/services that you purchase
- For internal record keeping and accounting
- For the improvement of our products/services
- For the transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
- To contact you for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website
- To personalise the website for you
- To enable your access to and use of the website services
Google Analytics is set to collect data anonymously, with the IP anonymisation configuration setting activate and will not record the full IP address.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
the Dragonfly Group use MailChimp to manage our newsletter and bulk customer communications. We will store some of your information, including your email address, IP address and certain information about the email links you click within the emails we send you, on a Mailchimp server.
We will keep a record of consent for marketing communications. We may email existing customers infrequently on the basis of the legitimate interests with non-marketing and essential communications.
There’s no third-party tracking in messages we send through MailChimp besides their own analytics. Neither we, nor Mailchimp, will ever sell your email address or share it with any other party, unless we are legally compelled to do so.
SECURING YOUR DATA
the Dragonfly Group has a Data Governance Policy in operation and will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
the Dragonfly Group will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. We will never provide access to our databases to a non-trusted third party detailed in this policy.
Under the GDPR rulings, we would inform our users within 72 hours if any breach of security occurs that might compromise your data.
HOW YOU CAN RESTRICT OR ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can leave unchecked to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by:
emailing us at email@example.com
unsubscribing via the unsubscribe link on a marketing email
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you, by emailing the Dragonfly Group
We will supply this information within 30 days. If any data is incorrect we we will correct it as soon as we receive appropriate notice or evidence from you in writing.
THE RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary, whilst retaining legal requirements for maintaining financial records.
You have the right to instruct us to delete all the personal information held. Should you wish to instruct us to delete please do so by email to the Dragonfly Group
Any data no longer required will be deleted or destroyed securely and confidentially.
What is a ‘cookie’? When you enter a site, your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not contain any personal identifying information about a visitor or their location. They just identify the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows and patterns of behaviour of site visitors.
We use google analytics cookies as listed below.
_ga is used to distinguish users and lasts for 2 years
_gid is used to distinguish users and lasts for 24hrs
_gat is used to throttle request rate and lasts for 1 minute
_dc_gtm_<property-id> Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Lasts for 90 days
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
the Dragonfly Group has a ‘Data Protection Officer’ who is responsible for all matters relating to privacy and data protection, and can be reached at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org